Monday, July 22, 2013

SAM


Let me tell you a love story.  About a huge heart in a little fur body.  About a spirit not phased by a hard life on the streets.  A very sweet, very wise dog who rescued two lost souls, choosing them for his pet parents.  Giving them unconditional love, as a companion and friend, as a presence during sickness, as a giver of peace and solace on a grief journey. 

From the beginning, Sam chose Rocky.  There was never a doubt in Sam’s mind that he was meant to be with Rocky.  He was never afraid of Rocky’s crutches or wheelchair.  He was with Rocky everywhere, even at hospice the day before Rocky passed away.  Since then, Sam has been my constant companion:  going with me to work, always sleeping on Rocky’s side of the bed, watching my every move.  He has been my Rock since losing my Rocky.

Now, on this 6-month anniversary of Rocky's passing, both of my sweet boys are together in Heaven, looking down on me, and sending me their love.

We (speaking for Rocky, too) will always be grateful to Homeward Pet for rescuing our Sam.  To future adopters:  Never be afraid of adopting a senior pet.  When you look through those sweet eyes, you will see an angel inside!

-Lu

No comments: