Thursday, May 31, 2012

Mawell (formerly Sport)

My husband & I adopted Max at the end of January 2012. I work near Homeward Pet & often see the volunteers walking the dogs past the shop. One day Max (formerly "Sport") walked by and I ran out to meet him. Soon 4 more of my co-workers saying hello to him with me. He stayed on my mind all day and I told my husband about him that evening. Without hesitation, he asked if we were going to get him the next day. My husband has wanted a dog for quite some time, but I've always been dead-set against having a house dog; I grew up with ranch dogs that were never allowed inside. When I saw my husband's eagerness for me to get a picture of Max, I knew there was no going back. Three days later, Max came home with us.

We kennel Max at night and he does well with that. We've discovered that the boy is NOT a morning puppy. He is smart: he was housebroken in only 3 days, he did very well in puppy classes and has moved on to more training classes. He loves going for rides in the car and being outside - no stick is safe when he's around. My husband is wrapped around his little paw and shows him off like a new baby, for he gets noticed wherever we take him. We are excited about taking him on new adventures camping with us this summer.

Thank you to Homeward Pet for caring enough about these wonderful companions to make sure they are healthy, well loved & taken care of. Every one of the volunteers we spoke with at the shelter was very enthusiastic and helpful. We would adopt more pets from this place if we were able to. I still look forward to seeing the volunteers walk the dogs past my window at work.

Puppy Parents Rick and Katie

No comments: