Thursday, December 15, 2011

BB aka Bumblebee

I had been looking for a medium energy, large dog over the last couple of months by visiting several rescues and humane societies. Of course, all the dogs in the kennels were very excited to see anyone come visit. When I saw BB's posting I visited Homeward Pet again to see her. When I first saw her she just waking up from a nap and didn't seem to care what was going on even though the other dogs were going crazy. I took her for a walk and she was a dream; right by my side the entire time. I even got to put her back in her kennel which was so easy even while all the other dogs were still going crazy. I came back a couple of days later and she was still there. Since then we have been walking a lot and getting her socialized to other dogs and humans so she can be calm and respectful. She has made such an easy adjustment and I feel so fortunate to have gotten to adopt her. She goes everywhere with me and is patient and calm while I go into stores or get a coffee. Crate
training was a breeze and I even broke the code on getting her to be more treat driven. Next project is retrieving and recall so we can let her do more running and jumping. She is such a sweet dog. Thank you Homeward Pet for such a great companion.

No comments: