Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Ratchet & Socket

My brother and I came to our new home from your shelter on Oct. 1st. I was known to you as Onyx and my brother was Garnet. I am now Socket and he is Ratchet. Yes, we're named after tools because our new last name is pronounced wrench. Our new owners have a weird sense of humor but it's okay because we really like it here! They put us in a room at the back of the house with a new cat tree, two litter boxes, some toys and food. Well, that was great for the first hour or so but we wanted to explore the large dwelling beyond. We made our escape quickly to the rest of the house and since we were already comfortable with our new family we were allowed to roam. My new family quickly realized that I am the huntress of the litter. I love to stalk, leap, twist in the air and take down my prey! I tried to tell them this at the shelter when I lept from the shoulders of my new dad all the way back into my cage but I guess they were slow to pick up on my skill and agility. I've noticed
they sometimes "let" Ratchet catch the feather toy. He's not as skilled as me in the hunting department. It's okay, we all love him anyway. At least he likes to play with me though sometimes I have to bite him on the ear to wake him up from a nap. Don't get me wrong, I like naps too but that boy can sleep away more than one play opportunity. Anyway, thanks for taking care of us as kittens, Homeward. We're very happy in our new home. Oh, did you know our new home has two dwarf hamsters? Mom and dad won't let us play with them though. Watch but don't touch is the rule. Darn!

My turn, I'm Ratchet. I feel I must defend myself. It's not that I'm not as skilled as Socket when it comes to hunting, it's just I consider all that leaping and twisting silly and ridiculous. Honestly, you should see her. I'd much rather explore all the nooks and crannies of my new home and then take a nap on the soft couch with the sun streaming through the window. And besides, I can take her in any wrestling match we get into. My new mom says I am growing by leaps and bounds and will probably be a big boy one day. She also says I am a talker so this means my vocabulary is far above that of Socket. So yes, perhaps she is more street smart than me but we're inside cats. We don't need street smarts, Socket. She's still my best friend and I'm happy we were adopted together.

No comments: