Thursday, May 26, 2011

Rasta!

Greetings,

From my understanding, around Nov~Dec 2007 you recused a group of animals from Eastern Washington.

One of those dogs was Rasta, a spaniel mix. She was adopted from your facility Dec 7, 2007.  I want to give you an update on her. The person who adopted her in Dec couldn't handle Rasta, as she felt Rasta was too "busy". Rasta went to that owners daughter, then to my son. My son couldn't keep 2 dogs at his residence at that time and so we adopted Rasta about 2 years ago.

My husband & I hadn't had a dog in 15 years & we were leary to take her into our home. Let me tell you, she has been a joy for us, she is the sweetest, smartest dog I have been around in a very long time. Many of our friends (and even my son's friends) want to "steal" her and take her home with them. She is loved by so many!!! She is great with people and children, she learns quickly and she wants to please people. I took her through an obedience class and she is also a certified therapy dog through TDI (Therapy Dogs International) She loves to go "read" with the school kids and also go visit at the Retirement Centers.

We have always been curious about her breed and had her DNA done by Wisdom Panel. She is 1/4 spaniel (like we all thought!!!) but to our surprise she is 1/4 Chinese Shar~Pei & 1/2 Bolognese. We think that must be where the soft, fluffy hair comes from.

Thank you to your group for saving Rasta & other animals from being put down and finding homes for them.

 

Brenda

 

No comments: