Tuesday, October 19, 2010

FW: Marble Update

 

 

 

Hello everyone, and especially Laurel. Remember me? It's Marble, the little calico cat that came from Wenatchee. I am writing today to tell you how happy I am in my new home. Mom and Dad tell me they just adore me! Dad said I'm a real sweetie and I made their home a happy place again. He was out of town the day I was adopted, and I purred really loud when he came home. I jumped up on his lap and kneaded his belly. I think I heard him purring! So many things have happened in the last few days, it's hard to know where to begin. Auntie Mary and Mom gave me lots of choices for a new name, and I meowed my approval for Gracie. Dad liked it, too,  so that's my name now!  I have been eating good and I get to sleep next to Mom and Dad in a great big bed at night. I gave Mommy kisses in the middle of the might on my very first night here. I have 3 scratching posts with perches to sit on and watch out the windows. You wouldn't believe what I've seen already - a raccoon, a herd of elk, squirrels, and all kinds of birds. And don't worry...Mom and Dad won't let me go out there!  I feel just fine, but we went to my new vet yesterday because my incision from my spay surgery is a little swollen. They gave me some medicine to take that I don't really care for, but Mom said it will just be for a few days. She said there's nothing they wouldn't do for me, so you can all rest assured I'm in good hands here. Mom is even typing this for me so I can cat-nap in the sun.  Well, I know I was only with you a few days, but I really liked it there. You all took such good care of me and were so nice.  Thank you for the opportunity you give to all of us pets without families a better life. I never dreamed anything like this would ever happen to me! Love always, Gracie

No comments: