Tuesday, August 3, 2010

2 Kittens- MUCH better than 1

Before visiting your shelter, I was considering adopting one kitten. The idea: a kitten " I " could 'raise'. After recommending that I get two kittens, and did some research, talked with my sisters (who have both had cats), and decided to adopt a pair. For emphasis, I am using the CAP lock... please share with any kitten-less adopter that "ADOPTING TWO KITTENS IS A MUST!!!"
 
Aside from the they're-so-cute reasons... they comfort each other (far better than any human can), teach each other (far better than any human can), and play with each other (far better than any human can). Plus, if you want either kitten to learn something... you 'teach' the most teachable one (at that moment)... and that one will, in turn, 'teach' the distracted one for you! :) It's a wonderful system!
 
I adopted "Ebony" and "Ted" (now known as Inkspell and Boots) on 7/25/10. It's now 7/27/10... just two days later... and both I and they couldn't be happier. Please share this message with any person considering adopting a single kitten.
All the best!
~Peter
 
 
P.S. A single kitten just isn't the same... both for you and, most importantly, for them. One's lonely and ill prepared... two's a well-educated party!

No comments: