Friday, April 9, 2010

Holly Cat

Dear Homeward Pet,

We adopted Holly on March 3rd 2010. Since it's been a month now, I thought I'd give you an update on our wonderful kitty! I have also attached three pictures of her. Holly is real character! She is sweet and funny. The first week she wasn't sure what to make of us or her new home and many noises made her run under the bed. Now however, she is very comfortable with us now and is so loving! She likes to roam all over the house and has found a few favorite spots to either look out the windows or nap. There is one end of the couch that she has declared 'her side.'

We have a new morning routine. When we get up and head out to the kitchen, she'll follow us and watch while we get coffee. When we walk back towards the living room, she'll flop (yes, flop) on her side which is her way of letting it's know it's time pet her and play. She is her feistiest in the early morning, preferring to nap during the day. She loves all her toys and even added one on her own. She spied a tassel that was on a bookmark in the bookshelf. She pulled the book down and took the bookmark! And yes, it's now her toy. Although she not a lap cat (nor likes to be picked up) in any way, she does like to cuddle next to us. Most nights she sleeps with us and as soon one of us is on our side with bent knees, she gets in the crook of the knee and purrs away. She also likes to lie next to me when I sit on the couch and while I'm petting her, she'll grab two or three fingers and hold them on her paws then puts her head on top of my hand. That is the sweetest thing ever! It tells me she now feels secure.

I want to thank Homeward Pet for all you do for dogs and cats and I tell everyone I talk to about all the great work you do.

Sincerely, Jim & Beth

No comments: