Friday, February 13, 2009

Cooper!

Hello!
 
    Thank you for the phone call asking about the new addition to my family! Cooper is doing great here, he was restless the first couple of nights but he has settled in quite well! He runs around the house free when i'm home and he sleeps in a kennel at night (because he is a sock nabber!)
    He loves my parents cat (a little too much) and likes to chase him around so they are adjusting to eachother still.  They are getting along ok, he doesnt hurt max and max is warming up to him too.  Cooper comes to work with me at the vet everyday, it took him a day or two to get used to the kennel at work, but he has become used to it now and he actually runs to it in the morning.  On my break i take him out to roam and i think he doesnt mind coming to work with me anymore.  he loves driving in the truck with his head out the window all the time!
   He still has a little food and treat agression in some situations.  He used to growl at me when I put food in his bowl at work but he was just stressed out that he was back in a kennel like setting, but I worked with him and he doesnt growl at me in his kennel anymore.  He sometimes growls over treats but I found a way to stop that, I've been feeding him pill pockets as treats and I pet his head as he takes it out of my hand, which seems to be working well. 
   Overall we are getting along great and I love having him!  Thank you for taking such great care of my baby until i found him!
 
  Erin & Cooper Sheets

No comments: