Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Happy Tails - Poppy Pepper

Woof!

 

You might not remember me, but I will never forget all of you! Early last April the Everett Animal Shelter picked me up in Stanwood with porcupine quills in my nose. I was there for weeks when my mom first saw me on Petfinders. She'd been looking for the perfect dog (read: me!) for months and knew the moment she saw me I was the one, but there was a problem. She was leaving town for a week and when she called the Shelter they couldn't promise that they would be able to keep me for another week. You see, I was old and had been there for a long time so if they needed room they told mom I would have to go to doggy heaven. You can imagine how mom felt when she called from her hotel 3 days later only to be told I wasn't there...she cried when they put her on hold...and kept crying (tears of joy now) when she found out they had sent me to you - Homeward Pet - and that you were a no kill shelter. She was soooo happy.

 

She met me as soon as she got back and discovered that I am in fact as perfect as she thought I would be! Our life together has been lots of fun. I have a feline brother, Zorac, who became my buddy right away and a feline sister, Foxy LaFleur who has finally discovered that I'm kinda fun to rub up against! I go visit my grandparents at their farm and get to run a lot and it makes me feel so young! Zorac comes on walks with mom and me - our neighbors think we are pretty funny!

 

Anyway, just wanted to say "Thanks!!!!" Mom and I are so thankful you saved my life. She just bought a bunch of 2009 Homeward Pet calendars to give away for the holidays so lots of people can know the great, great work you all do!!!

 

I've attached a picture of me so you can see that I am as beautiful as ever!! I also attached pictures of me hanging with my brother and talking with my sister. : )

 

Thank you, thank you, thank you,

Poppy Pepper

No comments: