Thursday, June 5, 2008

Happy Tails - Claire (now Pepper)

Hi, my name was Claire at Homeward Pet, now my name is Pepper…I am a dachshund/border collie mix, I started out as a foster kid a couple months ago because I was quite shy at 5 months but well, my foster Mom just couldn’t part with me. I love my new forever home and forever family members!

 

As you can see by the pictures, I sleep a lot and play a lot with my new family and friends. My friend Serena came over for a play date, she was also adopted the same weekend, by my human Mom and Dad’s friends Ron and Val…wow, what fun, she’s a beautiful Australian Cattle dog and a big girl compared to me! There is another picture of me in the late April snowfall, cool stuff to dive into and eat. Then there is my new older brother Sezar (small brown), he’s 13 years old, very wise guy and really seems to like my warm body during naps. I’m very gentle with him, cause he is so little. Maija (black/tan) is my surrogate Mom dog, makes sure my ears are clean and that I follow house protocol, she doesn’t play much just observes that all is going well. Then there is my favorite sister Penne (brown), she’s a hoot, we play all day long and take long walks together with our human Mom in the park trails near our house. I like to hide her toys and stuff, cause it riles her up! My shyness is really not so much a problem anymore, as I have met lots of people, kids and interesting things and I’ve learned to follow the other dogs clues on certain situations. I walk on a leash great now and love getting into a crate to go into the car to visit. My door threshold phobia has also disappeared with my Mom’s encouragement in showing me how OK it was to cross it when called. I got so good at running inside and out that we are now working on sitting before going out the door.

 

I do drive my Mom nuts with my slug collecting habit, I don’t eat them though, they kind of look like little black wax lips which makes her laugh and I’m good about dropping them on command. I’m going to school starting next week to meet more dogs and learn new tricks to be even a smarter girl. Mom and I have talked about agility training when I get older, since I really like to run fast, it’s that collie instinct I guess.

 

My Mom wants me to tell you all, what a great place Homeward Pet Adoption is…she still volunteers to walk the dogs and loves the time she spends there. I love the fact that caring people like you take the time to make a difference for dogs like me!

 

Thanks for hooking us up!

 

Pepper

D

 

Jolie Maki

Maki Design, LLC

www.BellaJoya.com

www.bellajoya.etsy.com

 

No comments: