Thursday, May 8, 2014

Petey (now Peety)


 I first met gentle, silly Peety, new to Homeward Pet, hiding in his litter box with his rug pulled over his head. With a little coaxing, he quickly blossomed into his warm, personable spirit and I received multiple raspy “kisses”, as if thanking me over and over. I quickly realized I had to adopt this wonderful boy.

Highly knowledgeable Homeward Pet Cat Adoption Counselor, Laurel, led us through the adoption process while providing us a wealth of information for introducing him to our household and his optimal diet.
 
Within a few days, my big Garfield-like rescue kitty got over his shock about having a new “younger brother” and became best friends; every morning is a fun wrestling match and full runs through the house. I hadn’t anticipated the benefit of my older kitty having a workout partner to help trim his recent expanding waist!
 
In addition, Peety works as my Office Manager in my home office holding down the paperwork on my desk and periodically waking up to give me kisses. What a complete joy he is!
 
Thank you Homeward Pet staff, the Ellensburg cat rescue group and all the loving, talented Homeward Pet volunteers that enabled this wonderful kitty to join our family! You all make the world a much better place though all your wonderful efforts!

No comments: