Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Diesel (now Utey)

In June of 2013 I saw Diesel (a boxer/lab mix and owner surrender) at the Everett animal shelter. The next day I went back to get him and you guys beat me to him!
 
A trip to the county clerks office and a public information request later I learned that Homeward had picked him up. I called every day for at least a week receiving the same answer, 'When he's on the website he's available.' He finally popped up on the website and I was there that afternoon. He was 45 pounds, lanky with a big head, big paws, and little legs. I adopted him that day.
 
He didn't respond at all to his name so I renamed him Utey (it sounds like the letters U and T) and 2 weeks later we ended up moving to Denver for my job. We went on a 3,000 mile road trip and he loved every minute of it. I just wanted to share with you that he found a wonderful home and that he's the greatest and sweetest 75 pound lap dog I've ever seen.  
 
He's never met a stranger, and even when the pizza guy comes to the door he's so excited that his whole body wiggles and he hits himself in the face with his own tail. I couldn't have asked for a better addition to my family.

No comments: