Thursday, January 16, 2014

Junior (now Porthos)

Porthos is such a sweet boy! Always spends the evening snuggled up against either my husband or I when we are hanging out. He and his big sis Hathor are getting along great. There are still tiffs, but those are to be expected since not everyone gets along all the time, especially kitties, but it’s so sweet when they snuggle together - that doesn’t happen a lot, but it’s so adorable when it does.

Porthos is pretty much a giant. His paws are huge, and I think they stopped getting bigger and he’s just filling in the rest of the way. He and his big sis (who turns 1 on Jan 20th) weighed the same the last time we took them into the vet (9.5lbs). But size wise he is already bigger than her and he’s not quite 8 months old yet. I know he’ll be a big boy, but he’s just so sweet and snuggly that it’s hard not to just love him.

My brother-in-law brought over one of those automatic laser pointer toys, the ones you just can set and let it run for a while and it turns in a circle. Well, they both love it. Especially Porthos. He has figured out how to stop it.  My husband and I were in his office and we heard this horrible clicking noise. We wondered if they just knocked over the laser toy again, but my husband went out to look to see what shenanigans the two of them had gotten into. That’s when he saw that Porthos put his front legs and chest on top of the toy, which was still trying desperately to turn, and he just looked at my husband like he’d conquered the world.

Thank you so much for helping us adopt him back in September. He makes our house complete.

No comments: