Sunday, October 13, 2013

Miss Thunder & Miss Lightning (now Kami & Ina)

We received a message and many adorable photos from the adopter of these two kitties; the message has been shortened up and we (the HPAC staff) chose the photos that we thought were cutest.
 
"My name is Jacob, and I am 16 years old.

Our last cat had died, leaving us cat-less. I had fallen into a deep depression. We had gone about 5-6 months without any pets. We had put all the litter boxes away, all the food dishes away, and gave our extra cans of food to our neighbors. The house was always silent.

Then we heard about Homeward Pet. 

Two years ago, we adopted two wonderful cats from Homeward Pet. At the time, their names were Miss Thunder and Miss Lightning. They were the odd ones out with their funny tails. Especially Miss Lightning because she was the one with the zigzag, lightning bolt shaped tail. The two were inseparable, and I loved them both instantly the moment I saw them.

We were all very excited when we brought them home. The kittens were so tiny I could hardly stand how cute they were. I spent a lot of time with them, and even did my homework with them. I did everything I could to make sure that we would bond well together. We had gotten a book when we got our cats called “Think Like a Cat.” I read that thing from cover to cover.

All of my friends were excited as well. One friend suggested the Japanese versions of their names, Kaminari (thunder) and Inazuma (lightning). Since then, we have shortened it down to Kami and Ina, or the "KamIna sisters."

I won’t say that I don’t have depression anymore, but the house is no longer empty. The little balls of fur follow me around all the time, and whenever one of us isn’t feeling well, they snuggle up to us. When I get home, they are the first ones to greet me.

We have built a whole carpeted tower for the kitties that they will run at full speed towards, jump halfway up it, and “spider cat” the rest of the way. They have so many little funny habits, from rolling on the floor onto their backs to get attention, all the way to how they don’t like cat treats."

No comments: