Thursday, September 5, 2013

Baby Doll (now Taco)

This was sent in on 8/27, Taco's birthday:

"Today is Taco's (formerly 'Baby Doll') 1st birthday and she has been an absolute joy ever since I got her 8 months ago. I had had a golden retriever for 13 years in San Diego, and after losing her and moving to Seattle I knew I was ready for another K9 companion in my life.
 
After relocating to Washington I had been closely monitoring a few different adoption centers, but knew Taco was the one when I saw her on Homeward's website. She had the cutest picture and bio! I made sure to get to Homeward right when it opened the next day. I was the first to meet her, but many families were interested. She was pretty feisty and full of energy, and I knew we'd get along great. I could tell that quite a few interested people were bummed, but I was so excited to form a relationship with our new puppy. The adoption process at Homeward was great. All of the employees were caring, kind, and helpful, and we left with a smile.

Fast forward 8 months and today is Taco's 1st birthday. I was able to get the day off to celebrate with her. She woke me up promptly at 6am, and I made her a special breakfast. Next we went to Magnusen dog park. After that we went to REI and picked up a doggie backpack for our camping trip this weekend. Then we went to Scraps dog bakery and she picked out some birthday treats. Now, as I write this, she is all tuckered out and taking a nap.
 
She truly is the best dog I could have asked for, and I love her with my whole heart. Thank you so much for uniting us!"

No comments: