Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Baxter (now Dexter)

I first fell in love with my dog Dexter, formerly Baxter, when he was brought in to my ER clinic after a complication with his neuter.  It was discovered that he is a hemophiliac. I was not looking for a pet since I was still getting over the loss of my kitty, Julius, but there was something special about this little dog.
 
When the girl from the shelter came to pick him up in the morning I told her if they couldn't treat his condition I wanted to adopt him.  I got a call a few days later and went to pick him up.  He needed a plasma transfusion, which I was easily able to provide.  Since then he has had a few episodes of spontaneous bleeding, all of which I have been able to successfully treat.
 
He is my best friend and I'm so happy you all rescued him and brought him into my life.

No comments: