Saturday, April 13, 2013

My new little genius (Lt, formerly Auntie Em)


 

After adopting Lt (pronounced, "Elty", but means "Lieutenant"), life started picking up for Peter and I, in other places. But like a little miracle, Lt has been able to adapt to whatever we've needed. She's absolutely brilliant, with lots of personality to boot. Each day that passes, she seems to learn so much; she will gladly sit for a treat, and is adapting to her leash with great progress. Here and Stay are going well too.

She has little ways of warming our hearts; when our new desks for the house arrived, and Peter had set up his, she decided she was going to be sitting on the little table where the computer tower goes, right beside him. Quiet and sweet, she sat there for a while; he had thought she had wandered off! She tends to remain at mommy's heels during the day, quite literally, and is getting much better at walking on a leash.

If there's one thing she loves more than food, and loves more than investigating loose dirt and tall ivy, though, it's sitting in laps. In the evenings, I let her up on the couch with me, and she finds every position she can to sleep in across my lap.

Thank you to Homeward Pet; without you I'd never have met my Lt.
Jennie

No comments: