Sunday, March 31, 2013

Princess


 

 
 
Ginger (previously Princess) is coming along fine (slowly and shyly...no surprise), and definitely on a positive upswing. She is a sweet big shy baby. I got my first big tail wag this morning! I had an “accidental” tail wag a couple mornings ago, but this one was definite J. She doesn’t walk around the house yet, even though her crate door is always open. It is her safe place, and her food and water are nearby. I have to coax her toward the door to go outside, But when she gets to the entrance, she stands up and waits. Then she sits on the porch and waits for me to put my boots on. Very sweet. Today she took more initiative herself and walked from her crate to the door (about 15 feet). She did good!
 
She is starting to relax and enjoy our walks (on leash) around the property. Lots of sniffing, and her tucked tail relaxes part of the time. She is still a bit apprehensive of Mark, but better every day. He walks with us and sits with us outside when he is home. And she seems totally fine with our 2 horses, so I suspect that she had horses in her past.
 
My daughter brought her dog over, but kept him on the leash in the house away from her (he was so excited to see Ginger he was beside himself). Next morning we took both dogs out and let them sniff...they started to play. It was great. Then we walked around some more before they left for Portland. Ginger has a friend!
 
No outings yet, but when she is more relaxed and social, I will take her with me in the car.
Tell Will he did a great job, and we appreciate his kindness to Princess/Ginger and taking so much time with us. He was awesome. Also, tell him that she stayed on the bed in the car until we got home. Then I stayed in the car with her for a while. She was afraid to get out, but sat up and looked, listened, and sniffed when I opened the door. Finally, we stepped out tentatively. Home!
 
Good job all you guys at Homeward Pets! Thanks.
Warm Regards
Rita and Mark
 
 
 

No comments: