Wednesday, August 15, 2012

King Tut- was once a pharoah, now a god!

You may remember me as King Tut - that's right, I was named after an Egyptian pharaoh! I spent a while as your guest and wanted to let you know how I'm doing now. You helped me get over a URI, an abcess and having some teeth pulled and, for the first time, I had plenty to eat all for ME. I was just ready to get my last dose of medicine and get out of the sick room at the shelter and then my new forever kitty parents found me and fell in love with me! They say that when I purred and nuzzled their cheeks, it was love at first purr.

After getting me home and getting to know me for a bit, my new parents thought about my name and decided that I was even more special than a pharaoh. After a lot of consideration, they gave me a new name - Horus. Now I have the same name as an Ancient Egyptian god, not just a boy king. I got a special new home and a special new name to go with it. How lucky can a young kitty get?

I'm loving life at my new home. I get a lot of attention. I do have to share my parents with the other cats in the house but they are all pretty old cats, so they think I've got just too much energy. I kept trying to get them to play with me but they just get annoyed right now. I bet I can wear them down, though. It works with the parents! My parents have discovered I never came equipped with a snooze button!

I'm not as skinny as I was when I left your care - I've put on almost two pounds and I love my squishy food. I have a ton of toys and really love my Da Bird and my springs. My parents and human brother laugh and play with me every day. I get to help my dad with his Skype conference calls, too. I'm not sure he's convinced that it's truly special to have cat participation but I try to show my lovely self to his co-workers and even talk to them. My mom is a photographer and she jokes that right now she only gets pictures of me when I'm asleep because I'm much too busy to pose at any other time.

No comments: