Friday, August 17, 2012

Dennis

Waaaaaaaaaaaaay back in 2003 I was searching for the perfect companion for my puppy. I was volunteering at Homeward during this time and had heard about a yellow lab that was due to be brought in by his family. I waited and waited, but the family never brought him in. I ended up looking at countless other dogs from all the local shelters, but Mona dog was not satisfied with any of them. I had almost given up hope when FINALLY I got a call about the lab that was supposed to come in a long while before. I rushed down to Homeward with Mona and at first sight I was confused. I was sure he was a Shepherd. Sure enough, he was a registered fox red lab. He had literally been dropped off not 30 minutes before, and he was home with me the next day. Mona approved him and after 9 years he may be a little grayer, Dennis is still doing awesome at 14 years old.

 

Mary :)

No comments: