Sunday, April 3, 2011

"Wilson" from Cast Away...

I have owned a number of dogs and was looking for the right fit together. I more than found my best bud!

I adopted "Wilson" on 3/27 so I we have been "hanging out" for a week now. I named him Wilson from the movie "Cast Away" with Tom Hanks. Seemed perfect as I live on an island and Wilson was left behind by someone.

Although he is only about 10 months old, I don't think I could have found a better behaved dog. It is just the two of us and the bonding was instant. He was house trained and I have never had an "incident" in our home. Wilson is very playful, loves people, "exploring" some of the trails where I live, yet can be calm and peaceful too. I am amazed at how quickly he acclimated to his new home and to me.

I believe that good things in people's (and animal's) lives do not come by accident. I don't think I could have found a better match. My friends and family are extremely amazed at how we have not only bonded but also about the amazing nature of Wilson. He doesn't bark, lets me know when he needs to go out for a while and can keep up a good run longer than I can! He is only 14 lbs but packed full of all that one would desire in a dog/companion. He has had no anxiety in his transition and impressed the vet on his second check up. He has also made many new friends at the pet stores, my neighborhood and at the vet clinic.

A big thanks to all the people at Homeward Pet for being so professional and taking such great care of the animals they have in their transition. I have never seen such a professional and caring group of people! Animals are important and so are people. We both got the royal treatment.

Wilson and I could never express our total appreciation for all you have done!

Kindest regards,

KJ and Wilson

No comments: