Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Mac & Jack (Shade and Shadow)!

Hi everyone.

Just wanted to let you know that Mac and Jack are doing well.  They're still settling in, and come out to visit more after my kids have gone to bed.  They're incredibly loving and HUGE purr machines.  They went to the Vet today (Tuesday the 23rd) so are doing a little more hiding than usual, but I expected that.  They got a clean bill of health.  The Vet said that Mac is not obese, just a BIG kitty; and that Jack has a heart murmur that may or may not need treatment.  I have renamed them too.  Mac is now Shade because he relaxed faster and would just chill around our house like you would chill under a shady tree.  Jack has been renamed Shadow because he is (usually) as skittish as one's own shadow on a partly cloudy day.  I haven't seen them playing with their toys yet, but on the first night my husband told me that Shadow/Jack was tearing through our house doing his best NASCAR impersonation.

Neither one has jumped into my lap yet, but I think it will come.  Shade/Mac will stay if I pick him up, put him in my lap and pet him.  Shadow/Jack will jump up next to me and practically fall off the couch head first to get as much of himself petted at one time as possible.  Shadow/Jack will also tell me all about it when I'm in the kitchen.  He's also managed to get himself stuck under my daughter's bed twice.

I think with more time here, and not in the busy shelter life they'll turn into quite the cuddle cats.

Melissa

No comments: