Tuesday, December 22, 2009

kitty in the tule

 

 

 

  Say Hello to Gypsy Sphinx


 

 

To everyone at homeward pet, you were all so nice to me and seemed genuinely excited to match me with my new friend.

I am finally writing to tell you all how my kitty is doing.  I adopted 'Mable' in October.  Her name is now Gypsy Sphinx and she is such a princess.  I was waiting to write, because we had a ruff start.
  I could tell she was sweet, but she was fierce.  She played really ruff and bit down pretty hard. She scratched me and Lazaro (my son) in the face.  She had a crazy look in her eye and sometimes I would just walk away from her, but was not afraid.  I had my doubts about her a few times, but believed she was supposed to be my cat.  So I was patient and gentle with her and she has softened up and began trusting me. Her story was that she was found starving outside of a country home.  I think she had been through a lot and had to protect herself in the wild.  She had to adjust and feel safe.
  Gypsy has been with us for almost 3 months and she has adjusted wonderfully.  She sits on her little perch like a Sphinx and looks over us.  She doesn't bit so hard or dig her claws in when she plays (I trim them now), it seems more like playing now and not self defence.  She's not a lap cat yet, but she will lay at the foot of my bed while I sleep. She lets me pick her up and snuggle her for a few moments at a time.  I've done some Reki on her and she is opening of to love and purring a lot more.  She didn't really purr in the shelter.  I took a chance on her.
  I love the little chirping noises she makes zipping around the apartment.  She's not shy with the many house guests that drop by for a visit.  She's friendly and playful, maybe a little more ruff with other people.  Gypsy Sphinx is defiantly MY cat or 'familiar'.  We have rehabilitated her into a happy home as part of the family, with my son and I.  I went on such a little journey to track her down, thank goodness for the website and the kitty profiles you have up.  She adds so much life and warmth to our lives. 
              Thank you homeward pet.

Photos have been sent in another emai.  I hope you all remember me and Mable and are happy to hear about us.

~Kiymbah

No comments: