Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Kina - Another Happy Adoptee

We adopted Kina (black lab x border collie) from the shelter on November
14th and she has blended in well in our home. Kina is a very sweet dog
who loves attention but also loved to wander and jump fences. Since
adopting Kina, we have increased the height of our fence so jumping
fences is no longer an issue. She is also walked on a leash at least
twice a day so she is no longer loose to wander the neighborhood.

Kina has been accompanying me to work each day (I work at a park office)
and she has been the best dog, greeting everyone calmly that comes in
the door. After being with Kina for a few minutes, most people ask to
take Kina home with them because she is such a sweet dog. Kina is also
getting along well with our other dog (and all dogs in general) and she
loves to run at dog park. She also loves walking the park trails at
lunchtime and searching for rabbits and deer.

I have attached a picture of Kina in my chair at my office. She has
taken it upon herself to jump in my chair when I vacate it. She
certainly has not had any problem adjusting to her new home and office!

Thanks for all you do, Homeward Pet!

No comments: