Tuesday, October 13, 2009

It's been a year now with Carlos

I just wanted to let you know how Carlos is doing.  It's been a little over a year since we brought him home.  We couldn't imagine life without him!!  He really loves his canine sister Sidney and loves playing, going on walks and laying in the sun with her.   Julia, my 10 year old entered him in the Aquafest Pet Show this summer...she's working on teaching him better tricks for next year!!  She also loves to set up obstacle courses for him.  His favorite toy is still a tennis ball and yes he is still obsessed with it!!!  We did find out that he prefers the pink tennis balls!!  We joke that he is in touch with his feminine side.  It works out well because Sidney prefers the green ones. Carlos came on a road trip to Nevada this summer to meet his cousins (my brothers male dogs).  I am proud to say that my Pit Bull is a total lover(which they are if brought up right) and not a fighter.  My brothers golden retriever was a bit territorial and Carlos never reacted back to it, he had one thing on his mind...play, play, and more play.  He was such a good traveler on the two day trip.  Carlos loves anyone he runs into whether it be human, canine and yes even feline!!  The one neighborhood cat rubs up against him and he kisses her...it is quite a sight.  If a person walks by without saying hi to him he looks at them  like he's saying "but I'm so cute, don't you want to say hello".  I get so many compliments on his personality and looks.   I am a very proud mom!!!!

 

 

No comments: