Thursday, September 10, 2009

Quick update for Wookie

Subject: Quick update for Wookie

I wanted to quickly let you know how Wookie and I are doing. I’ll plan on sending a better update with a photo of her in her new home in the next month.

First I want to thank Shirley for taking the time to write a note about Wookie after she fostered her for a few days. It was a big part of my decision to adopt Wookie, since I wasn’t sure how well we were bonding at the shelter, although I knew I’d have to be patient and give it time.

Wookie has been an absolute sweetie since I brought her home, and I couldn’t be happier! She’s also very brave – instead of taking time to get settled in a small part of the house as recommended, she wanted to explore everywhere after about an hour. The next morning she found out there is a door she can’t go through yet (into the garage), so she is now slightly obsessed about wanting to go in there. She had the full run of the house in less than two days.

She’s pretty active for a pampered house cat. She likes to race me up and down the stairs, leaps up in the windows, and plays with toy mice. I can also count on her coming to the door to greet me when I come home, but I can tell she’s okay on her own too.

Thanks for all the help when I was there on Friday. It was great to be able to take this gal home for the long weekend and give her a proper home!

Michelle

No comments: