Friday, April 10, 2009

XBear (now Tucker) finds his forever home!

Our little kitty is a riot and incredibly smart.  His new name is Tucker and it seems to fit him perfectly b/c he plays so hard with the girls and his feather toys, toilet paper, and anything not bolted down that could be swiped off a counter top, and then is so Tuckered out he crashes on my bed or under my bed for the next few hours.  He's enjoying our dog Lucy and they keep each other happy all night running the hallway, bouncing on my bed, and sharing their food with each other. 
Tucker has got the loudest purrr and the sweetest little meow ever.  I have a little video on my home computer for you but we've been so busy I haven't had a chance to send it your way yet.  I'm at work right now or I'd send it now. 
I think he likes it best when it's just me and him, but the girls are great playmates for him.  He is soft and cuddly and adjusting very well.  He just discovered how fun it is to taunt Lucy from the kitchen counter yesterday.  And I just realized he likes to bat anything that rolls off my bathroom counter into the garbage can below.  I'm going to have to start checking the garbage. 
He LOVES my bathroom sink for some reason.  I have found him napping in it a couple times.  A big bowl full of black cat.  It's quite cute. 
I finally moved his litter and food to the other bathroom now that he's comfortable roaming the house, but he got locked in my room for a few hours somehow and ended up going potty in the shower.  He's soooo smart!  He could have gone on my bed, in my closet or on my carpet, but he didn't.  We all apologized to him that he'd gotten closed in during his nap and had a talk about never closing mommy's door anymore b/c Tucker might be sleeping under the bed and needs to be able to get out to his food and kitty litter. 
We were in such a habit of closing the door before while he was adjusting and had everything in there that he needed.  We didn't let the dog in my bedroom for a good week.  We let them smell each other under the door for awhile.
He loves being brushed and he's so incredibly soft.  Tucker's purr brings such a peace to us when he's being lovey on my bed.  It's like he has been part of the family forever.  And his pouncing on anything that moves under the covers sends everybody into giggles at bedtime.
Thanks for giving him such a wonderful beginning.  We hope that we can give him a wonderful lifetime.  He's one of the family now and we adore him.
 
Best regards,
 
Krista

 

No comments: