Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Some Notes from Tas's 'Journal'

Hi Laurel,

I'm attaching a few new pictures of Tas for you. He's really doing well
and
is getting more comfortable with each passing day.

Week 2 - Tas Journal

AAAAAAAHHHHHHHH.......I never knew there could be so many great places
to
sleep. I've discovered a heat vent under a table where that crazy dog
can't
bother me and it is really fun to just stare out at her. One day she
stuck
her nose under there and I decided she needed a little warning not to
bother
a sleeping cat. I didn't see her the rest of the morning. She's doing so
much better. She only tried to lick my face once yesterday after I
finished
my Tender Vittles. I'm not too wild about her slobbering all over me but
the
other cat seems to enjoy it so maybe one of these days I'll save a few
flakes of tuna on my whiskers for her.

My big kitty sister is turning out to be OK. We just started eating our
meals together and it's nice to have company. She's not as dopey as I
thought she was going to be. I guess my good looks and patience won her
over.

Today, I was sitting in front of the big glass door and just about had a
stroke when a big brown thing walked up to the window and just stood
there
looking at me. It didn't appear to want to hurt me but I wasn't taking
any
chances. I headed under the table. I hear it is something called a deer
and
she comes around the yard all the time to visit with my kitty sister who
was
also laying by the door. This were really quite peaceful until that
crazy
dog heard about it. She came tearing down the stairs and just ruined
everything. We all scattered in different directions and the noise was
really loud. Could somebody translate. What does 'WOOF, WOOOF, WOOOOOF,
GRRRRR, GRRRRRR, WOOOOOOOF, GRRRRRRRR, THUMP mean??? I guess the thump
was
her running into the glass but the rest of it I need help with. Again,
more
zany antics - jumping up and down - spinning around - dancing on 2 legs.
This dog is quite a character but she's growing on me.

Tomorrow is my 2nd week anniversary and I think I've fallen in love with
my
humans. They let me sit on their laps all the time. My human Dad lets me
lick his bald head. That feels kind of funny but I'm sure his scalp
could
use a good once over. I figure if he can buy me new kitty treats the
least I
can do is run my tongue over his head once in a while. My new Mom is
really
crazy about me. She took my pictures yesterday so I guess I'll get my
pictures in the family album. Cool!

I really need to run and see about my doggie brother who is both blind
and
deaf. He let's me bump heads with him and sometimes I think he like me a
lot. He's big and fuzzy and just sleeps a lot. He has trouble getting up
and
down the stairs but I like it when he comes in the rec room and takes a
nap.
He's a quiet presence.

Life is good.

Tas

No comments: