Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Mel's journey to her forever home

Around Homeward Pet we often say that it 'takes a village' and Mel is
certainly an example of that. She came to us from another shelter where
she was born from a feral mom. When she came to Homeward we sent her out
into a wonderful foster home where she received lots of love and one on
one. Mel came back to us a totally different kitty, very well adjusted
and self confident. On Saturday she was adopted to a wonderful couple.
Here is their story...


Dear Homeward

I'm sorry not to be able to address each of you by name, but I would
like to thank all of you for the wonderful adoption of Mel!
When I saw her on your website Saturday morning, we couldn't wait for
you to open at noon; I had my heart set on her.
My husband and I couldn't be more pleased. We haven't stopped
smiling and giggling since we received her.
After 48 hours, she is barely skittish. She's playful, a quick study
with a good memory, and, of course, very curious.
She is also affectionate and enjoys our attention. She wants our
company and doesn't like to feel left out.
Yesterday was her 3 month anniversary. She had a few little treats
that came with the "Hello Kitty" welcome bag.
As a big fan of "Hello Kitty", I thought that your bag was thoughtful
& cute!
I will be going to "interview" veterinarians tomorrow; there are 3
within a 5-10 minute drive from our house.
I will have an appointment by the end of the week.
We realize that a lot of people were involved in the saving of and
subsequent care of Mel's family.
Thank you for all the wonderful work that you do.
We will make you a priority for a charitable donation.

Congratulations on your 19th anniversary. We came to you on a most
auspicious day!

Thank you again from the bottom of my heart,
Martha

No comments: