Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Pippi's new home!

 

This is Pippi's, now know as Mavi, new home. She has smoothly slipped into our family routine. Her bio didn't quite do her justice. This girl was completely house trained, following commands and riding calmly in the car in about three days. She is such a find! She runs 3-5 miles daily with my husband or I ,plays well with our friends dogs and behaves beautifully in my mothers house when we visit. We've found her exuberant morning greeting is not quite what my 13 yr old Aussie enjoys, so mornings are a challenge. She has all those wonderful heeler qualities and challenges- loves tennis ball and chasing cyclists. Melissa from Mountain High is helping us with that last item. We're also going to look into flyball.  Right now she's trashing my hardwood floors playing by herself with her toys. None of our soft toys now have any ear, eyes or tails.
Our vet checked her out and she's in excellent health. Still as skinny as a rake despite eating like a horse.Mavi is such a loving girl I can't believe we were lucky enough to discover her the way we did   (Her Petfinder page forwarded through two friends)   Everyone at Homeward was very good to us and we really appreciate that you held her a week for us.   I was afraid someone else would see her potential and take her.

Thanks again

Ursula Nicol


.


 
 

No comments: