Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Pictures and an update on Frankie (now Akira)

Hi folks!

Well, it's been about three months since we adopted Akira. She has
learned so much since we brought her home! Most recently, she learned
how to ring a bell when she wants to go outside. We're looking forward
to continuing to teach her new things--she's such an amazing learner.

She loves ice cubes, swimming and playing rope tug. At first, she didn't
really seem to get petting or snuggling. Wow has that changed! She's the
best snuggler around. She's my snuggle alarm clock.

Today we took our first trip to the off leash park near our house (she
finally started coming consistently when I call her, which took some
time--so many fun things to explore after all!). I was nervous that she
might run off and not come back, but it was the exact opposite. She
wouldn't leave my side, even to roll in the dirt! I've never seen her so
shy, she's the alpha with all her regular playmates. It was darling
(felt like the first day of kindergarten), and I look forward to
watching her become the fearless girl I know she is.

Of course, pics of my pretty pretty princess are attached!

Thanks,
Lauren

No comments: