Friday, November 28, 2008

"My Best Day Ever" by Tigger

From Tigger:

 

Greetings! You’ll never believe the great day I had yesterday!

 

Terri and Jessica came for what I thought was a walk. I LOVE walks! I got so excited they could hardly control me all the way to the parking lot. But instead of heading south, we went over to a red car. I thought maybe they just needed to get something. Maybe extra poop bags? Nope, they were trying to get me to go inside this thing! I can’t remember the last time I rode in a car so I was a little nervous about getting in. They were gentle in coaxing me and I trusted them, so I went ahead and got in. Still, this was unlike anything I have experienced at my home at Homeward.

 

As we drove down the rode, the windows suddenly went down part way and smells began to pour in. I stuck my nose out to get a stronger scent to see what I could recognize. McDonald’s? What’s that? Sure does smell good! I wandered back and forth, trying the left side and the right side to see which had better smells. I was so excited I kept passing gas and the girls kept making screwed up faces. I kinda like the smell myself.

 

Finally, the car stopped. Terri disappeared into the house and came back with two small dogs. I did my best to greet them, but they didn’t seem to think I belonged there. Their hackles were up so I sniffed cautiously. After a few minutes, they didn’t seem to care anymore, so we all went on a long walk.  I LOVE walks! I try not to pull but I can’t help it. There’s so much to see, hear, and smell! Sometimes even taste. Our walk ended in the back yard of the home where they actually took off my leash! Outside! I was free! I ran and explored and smelled. My tail was wagging so much it hurt. Terri got out a ball and threw it for me. I ran and got it and quickly brought it back. I didn’t want her to think I had bad manners, so I dropped it at her feet when she asked. We did this a lot!

 

Suddenly, I heard something. A car door shut. The gate opening. Around the corner came two big dogs. They were as excited to meet me as I was to meet them. The smaller dog was close to my size and her name was Goldie. Her personality is just like mine so we got along famously. The other dog, an oversized Rhodesian Ridgeback, was pretty laid back. She watched us play and it looked like she wanted to join, but just didn’t know how.

 

Goldie and I played for two hours solid! We wrassled, we ran, we chased, we wrassled some more. Her favorite game was having me try to catch her. Man she’s fast! I would get tired and she would bark at me to keep going. We did take a few minutes to lay down under the rhody bush though. I was exhausted and it was getting dark. It was time to go inside. Goldie still wanted to play some, but her mom said no. I just had to lie down. We all ate dinner together and then worked for treats. Frankly, I was so tired that I slept through most of it.

 

Goldie and Safari (the ridgeback) went home. I hated to see them go. I rested a little longer, then Terri took me out for another walk. I did my duty and got business taken care of. On the way back, a rabbit ran in front of our path. I had an urge to chase it but I was really too tired. I came back and slept by the fire till bedtime. Terri took my new bed upstairs and I slept beside her on the floor. I slept all night long!

 

Today, I’m enjoying some more quiet time. I got to play some more ball and we went on a walk. The best part was I found an old tennis ball and have been carrying that around in my mouth all day. Occasionally, I’ll bat it around. Been doing a lot of napping as well.

 

I hope I’ve really shown I am a good dog. I had no accidents. I did everything I was asked. I was never mean. I didn’t beg. And I was never in the way. I’m sad that Terri can’t keep me forever, and I hope I can find my forever home real soon!

 

Miss you,

 

Tigger

 

No comments: