Thursday, August 14, 2008

Cooper (formerly Simon) finds a great new home!

Thank you so much for giving our adopted kitty Cooper such a good start in life. I fell in love with him the moment I saw him.  I called my husband and he raced over to the shelter to meet our future kitty. We both feel that adoption is a big deal and a lifetime commitment. I wanted him to meet this little guy before I brought him home.

I can only imagine that it was not easy to say, "Goodbye" to this litter of kitties. They all seemed to have such great personalities and as a group they  were off the cuteness chart. We wanted a cat who would relate to us kind of like a dog. Cooper fetches his mouse and brings it back to us over and over again. He seems to really like to spend time with us.

We brought Cooper home to join our other two tuxedo cats, Bailey, age

13 and Cowboy, age 5 (who is also a Homeward rescue kitty). Cooper has a huge personality. He runs to the door when the door bell rings to greet our guests. The other two cats head for the safety of the underside of the bed when a stranger enters their house. Cooper also surprised me when he  fell asleep in the arms of the vet when I took him in for his first checkup. He quickly made it abundantly clear that he was going to be the top cat. He chases the other two cats around the house and lets them know that we are his humans and that he is in control of the home environment. They are all indoor cats.

Recently we were devastated when we lost our other 13 year old cat TJ to lung cancer.  We  miss TJ so very much.  Cooper is such a positive force. You just can't look at him without smiling.

Thank you so much for doing such a good job.

Sincerely,

 

Cindy

 

 

No comments: