Thursday, May 1, 2008

Happy Tails...Arthur

So, it's been not quite a month and I can't even imagine not having Duke here.  Oh, yeah, we
renamed him Duke.  Of all the names that we offered him, it's the only one he responded to. 
So he really renamed himself.

I see that you still have his picture up on the donate page...I looked at those sad eyes and knew
that he had to come home.  It still makes me cry when I see it.  From the minute we walked out
the door at your adoption center he was a part of the family.  He made that very clear as we were
getting on the freeway and he decided that he was not a cargo area kind of dog and bounded over
the seats...headed straight for the front!!  Luckily he was stopped by our daughters in the back seat,
or he might have been doing the driving!!  The rest of the trip to Bremerton was in one lap or the other!!

Faster than anyone could ever hope for, the 3 dogs waiting at home accepted him and it's always
been as if it's always been.  Duke pretty much ignores the cats and they him.  It really is as if
he's been here forever.  He follows me from room to room all day, only sometimes giving me that
look, like "just how many times are we going to go up & down the stairs?" 

He's on a slow but steady weight gain plan, the goal is 10 pounds and then a recheck with the vet
to see how that looks.  His hair is growing in thick and fluffy!!  I can hardly wait to see what he
really looks like!  Oh, and the best news from the vet is that he thinks Duke is not nearly as old
as he looks.  His weight issue and his white and gray coloring make him look older than his years. 
If he's right, Duke is only 2-3 years old and the best part of that is that we get to enjoy him for many
years to come! 

I'm sending some pictures, I think they'll tell you more than I can!  It's amazing the transformation
he's made!

Thank you so much for giving him a chance.  For saving his life.  For believing that he was worth
the effort. 

Liz Rothery
"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." -Will Rogers

No comments: