Monday, November 17, 2014

Scarlet (now Brooklyn)

Homeward Pet was our 7th and final stop in checking shelters. If we didn't meet a dog we fell in love with that day then we were going to keep watching sites and go back another time.

I've come from a background of giant breed dogs and my fiancé had always had medium sized dogs. His last one was a pit bull and I really wasn't on the same page with his desire for another one. Then we met Scarlet.

As soon as I saw her I was blown away at how beautiful she was, and then we got to interact with her and I KNEW I had to get her home with us. Falling in love with her wasn't complicated. Arranging the schedules of 2 adults and 6 kids in school was quite another story. 3 days later when we were finally able to get the rest of the kids in to meet her, and that was it.

Scarlet has been renamed Brooklyn and she's an extremely lovable, playful, spirited, goofy girl. She's been adored by others in our neighborhood who will just stop by to say hi to her.

Now that we have her we can't imagine life without her.

No comments: